Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Importance of Conservation Framing

I came across this article and as a professional it is my duty to share it with you. If you are trusting your valuables to a professional picture framer it would be wise to do some research on conservation methods of picture framing. Make sure that you ask for conservation framing; if it is not suggested by your framer. It might be more expensive but believe me it is worth it.
There have been multiple times that I have opened art and they were not properly framed. Recent incident includes 3 signed Norman Rockwell prints. The prints were backed by cardboard, masking tape was used to attach mats and on one the title had been cut out & repositioned. It is a travesty to see art framed in these conditions. I realize not everything requires conservation methods but if it is of value to you; either sentimental or monetary you should consider conservation materials.

http://bit.ly/pkmou5

No comments:

Post a Comment